pointlessly purple powered by purple purple network purple Powder Blue Tuxedo: 2nd Place Two Years in a Row? That's Gotta Be Harsh.

6/01/2006

2nd Place Two Years in a Row? That's Gotta Be Harsh.

This is Prem Trivedi. He won second place by missing 1 word in both the 1997 and 1998 national spelling bees. I watched the 1997 one a long time ago. I watched it a second time this weekend, and when I learned he was going to be on the 1998 one, I watched that one too. This is the best picture I could find of him, though it's not a very good one. There were only two pictures I could find of him. He came so close. Nobody remembers Prem. But I do.

I mean, aren't those just the sexiest glasses ever? *sigh*
(not sarcasm)
May the Force be with you, Prem Trivedi.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prem trivedi is my hero - he proves that 2nd place is NOT 1st loser, but the next best WINNER
prem you are the man!
I wish I could meet him and get his autograph. He is a true inspiration in perseverance.

--AYN

August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can actually arrange the personal meeting and autograph, as Prem is a good friend of mine. I can also send an updated picture if you're interested.
Feel free to contact me at sheelp@sheelm.com.
and yes, Prem is awesome and the man!

February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Goblin King gets what he wants. Fear him, love him, do as he says, and he will be your slave!!!!!!!! No, wait. Not yours. Mine.